Jamun fruit which is popularly known as Jamboo is found in abundance in Indian and some other neighboring countries. This fruit belongs to Myrtaceae family, and it is largely employed as the main ingredients in Ayurvedic preparations to treat many health problems.
Black plum or Jamun with botanical name Syzygium cumini is an essential summer fruit that is equipped with numerous medicinal properties to offer many health benefits. Every part of Jamun such as leaves fruit, bark, and seeds are an herbal source of the tree and they are widely employed in Ayurvedic medicine, and have been beneficial in many ways such as relieving of stomach pain, spleen enlargement, diarrhea, and acting as a diuretic and anti-scorbutic ( fights vitamin C deficiency) agent.
Jamun fruits have also been studied to help treat heart diseases, cancer, asthma, diabetes,( Read Ayurvedic Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetes) arthritis, and much. The fruit is called different names such as Jamun or Jambul in Hindi, Jamun or Jamoon in English, Nerale in Kannada, Saval naval in Tamil, Kala Jam in Bengali, Naval in Malayalam, Neredu Chettu in Telagu, and Jamalu in Punjabi.
Medicinal Properties of Jamun Fruit
The pharmacological properties of Jamun fruit were explained by Ayurvedic text as follows:
- Jamun fruit tastes sweet, sour, and astringent.
- It is light to digest and reduces the moist of the tissues content.
- It is characterized by its cold potency to help cool the body.
Health Benefits of Jamun Fruit
According to Ayurveda Acharyas, Jamun fruit is equipped with essential medicinal properties amongst other fruits. Black Jamin fruit not only regulate Pitta and Kapha but also increases Vata, and these actions on doshas makes Jamun fruit offer the following health benefits:
- Treats diabetes: Black Jamun fruit contains anti-diabetes properties to help treat diabetes. It is used by many traditional practitioners and is also backed by scientific evidence to contain a low glycaemin index to help reduce high blood sugar level; thereby naturally keep diabetes at bay.
- Helps in weight loss: The tree of Jamun fruit is equipped with many weight loss properties in its seeds, barks, leaves, and fruit pulp. This herbal fruit helps boost body metabolism, reduce water retention and frequency of food cravings; thereby aids weight loss.(Ayurvedi Remedy for Weight Loss)
- Remedy for female Infertility: The primary cause of female infertility has been linked to PCOS or PCOD, (Click here for Ayurvedic Remedies for PCOD or PCOS) and its significant symptoms are known to be excessive weight gain and low cell sensitivity to insulin. Consumption of Jamun fruit as food or as a supplement helps to control many of these symptoms.
This makes MOOLIKA AYURVEDA’s doctors incorporated the black Jamun fruits seeds as part of the ingredients of PCORID CAPSULES as recommended by Ayurvedic medicine to be used to for PCOS or PCOD. When this supplement is used along with UTONORM Capsules for about 3 months, it has been studied to help arrest every PCOD symptoms.
- Remedy for male infertility: Since black Jamun fruit can treat diabetes and aids in weight loss, it is not only effective for female infertility but also for male infertility. Erectile dysfunction found in men has been linked to diabetes and obesity; thereby reduce sexual functionality and have an impact on their sexual drive. The use of black Jamun fruit benefits men fertility as much as female fertility.
- For recuperation: The black Jamun fruit juice has been studied to help recuperating persons by reducing tiredness and as well as quenching their thirst in the condition.
- For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): This fruit is regarded as herbal fruit in Ayurvedic preparation in treating colitis, diarrhea, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It is often recommended as a remedy for IBS to aid in reducing the frequency of bowel movement and soothing inflammation of inner layer of the intestines. Black Jamun fruit enhances proper and smooth food digestion through intestines and prevents constipation.
The list of the health benefits of black Jamun fruit is endless and cannot be treated in one article. The herbal fruit is blessed with numerous essential medicinal properties, and some of these have been discussed in this article. However, in the case of pregnant ladies, when eating this fruit, they should ensure proper hydration in their body by drinking enough water. This is to prevent constipation. Besides this, black Jamun is safe for everyone.
If you have any health related queries contact email@example.com for free ayurvedic consultations