Ashwagandha which is popularly known as Indian Winter Cherry is a shrub that belongs to the family of Solanace. Its botanical name is WithaniaSomnifera and is usually grown in Himalayas, Gujarat, Punjab, MP, and in the western India.
Ashwagandha is named after its roots that have horse odor (meaning – Horse = Ashwa and Odor = gandha). Due to its leaves which have pig ear resemblance, Ashwagandha is also called “Varahakarni”.
It is characterized by sticky (Snigdha) and light (laghu) properties with bitter taste as well as sweet taste that dominate on digestion. The most useful part of Ashwagandha is the root. Let’s discuss the medicinal properties of Ashwagandha.
Medicinal Properties of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha contains many medicinal properties which are directly associated with compounds called withanolides. Because of its effectiveness as endurance enhancement, sedative, and its usage to revitalize tonic, Ashwagandha herb is put to use as an adaptogen which makes the herbalists assign the name “Indian ginseng” to the herb.
Texts of Ayurveda eulogise the medicinal properties of ashwagandha as follows.
The following are the medicinal properties:
- Effects on mentality: Ashwagandha improves memory, ease the mind, and neutralizes the impacts of stress by balancing Kapha and The herb is studied to alleviate stress and works as a sedative. This has made stressed patients find this herb beneficial to them as it can be used as remedies for insomnia, memory loss, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Effects on general well-being: It has significant effects on human general health, functions like balya and energizes the body to be healthy. Ashwagandha acts to stimulate body immunity and enhances the immune system by boosting the energy level of the body. Ashwagandha herb’s preparations are given to the convalescent patients after illness to help them gain more energy and quicken their springing back to normal activities. It also prevents recurrence of diseases and as well as helps to boost and enhance the immune systems of the HIV patients.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Ashwagandha is equipped with anti-inflammatory properties which have been studied to be effective to treat and use as arthritis therapy booster. It enhances smooth movement by minimizing inflammation of the joints.
- Impacts on digestive system: Ashwagandha has the ability to boost appetite; helps smooth bowel movement, and balance digestion system.
- Effects on reproductive system: Ashwagandha herb boosts male sperm count, motility, and shukradhatu. The herb is popular as the best Vajikaradravya (referred to as aphrodisiac) to increase libido and as well used as a uterine tonic. It improves sperm count and sperm motility. The preparations in Increase sperm kit contain ashwagandha as major ingredient. Also our preparartions in Complete Vajikaran Therapy kit, increase libido kit, increase erection kit contain this effective herb.
- Anti-aging properties: Ashwagandha contains anti-aging properties, and it is used in rejuvenating preparation like rasayana, it helps in inhibit aging process.
- Effects on hypertension: It is a good remedy for hypertension to reduce its effect and also used as diuretic
- Impacts on pregnant women: Ashwagandha is healthy for pregnant women by balancing pregnancy hormones to stabilize the condition.
Benefits of Ashwagandha Preparations
Ashwagandha offers many advantages ranging from treatment and as home remedies to many unhealthy conditions. They are as follow:
- Ashwagandha preparation combined with honey or sugar or ghee is an excellent aphrodisiac which is beneficial to boost sperm motility, count, and semen volume. It has been found useful for premature ejaculation, low libido, and erectile dysfunction.
- Ashwagandha functions as an anti-inflammatory when its leaves paste used in a localized inflammation region.
- Ashwagandha is beneficial to undernourished children. It helps them improve healthy body weight and energy to assist them in keeping healthy statutes. Frequent consumption of its root assists to improve conditions such as rheumatism, senile debility, low memory, spermatorrhoea, brain fag, nervous exhaustion, muscular energy loss, and other cases of debility.
- Ashwagandha has been found useful when mixed with herbal massage oil to help many issues such as sleeplessness, epilepsy, paralysis, and much more.
- When regularly use, it also lowers blood sugar and reduces cholesterol levels for overall health.
- Ashwagandha helps restore body system worn out or weakened as a result of chronic diseases such as rheumatism, syphilis, as well as restore the weakened body energy due to mental and physical stress; thereby enhances good sleep and reduces the aging process.
- It is also good for nursing mothers to thicken their milk and acts as galactagogue.
- Ashwagandha is as also beneficial for skin conditions when its powder is mixed with oil and applies to the affected areas.
The Ayurveda medicinal properties of Indian Ginseng are multipurpose and useful to both internal and external health. The herb is one of the natural remedies for many diseases which have been in use since ancient days. Preservation of this plant is highly recommended to avoid its extinction due to over-grazing.
Buy Ayurvedic Preparations Containing Ashwagandha
If you have any health related queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org for free ayurvedic consultations